Saturday, July 5, 2008

Surgery Update

It's been a while since I posted so I will play catch up here for a minute. Quick update on the surgery. I spent two weeks in a hard cast that kept my foot turned at a bit of an angle to make sure that the tendons healed together the way they were supposed to. I spent 5 weeks on crutches totally non weight bearing....okay for those of you who know me well you all know I started cheating after about 4 weeks. :) It's okay though cause when I went into the doctor he asked if I cheated and when I told him I had he just laughed and said that he kind of expected I would. Anyway 2 1/2 weeks ago I got the go ahead to ditch the crutches and just walk in the boot cast that I got after I got the cast off. I struggled for a couple of days learning to walk and not fall on my face, which I only did once by the way. So in another 10 days I should be getting the boot cast off and then I get to start physical therapy. I'm excited to get back to normal, but I'm not so sure how I feel about starting the physical therapy. Here are some sweet pics from my surgery. This one is the cast I wore for two weeks.


And this is the scar on my ankle. It was way cooler than I thought it was going to be. :) I did have a little necrosis at the top, where the skin died but it healed together nicely anyway.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Wow! I'm glad to hear that you're doing well and that you have lots of people forcing you to let them help you. If I were there, I would mow your lawn Jess! We're thinking about you.

ELMtreephotography said...

Ouch Jess! I had no idea you were going through such a rough time. Isn't it nice to have family so close. Yes, I did give into the blogging world but as you can see I don't keep up with it at all!! Hey I'm in charge of my families reunion slideshow. Megs said that you might have some suggestions of some songs to use. Do you have any? Thanks Jess, hope you feel better - Emily Wensel

Tyler and ShaeLee May said...

Hey Jess,
Sorry about surgery...that sucks. Hopefully you'll heal fast. Congrats on grad school, sounds like you are super super busy! You have some pretty cute nieces and nephews. Good to see some pics of ya!
Later
Shae