Saturday, July 5, 2008

My awesome Family

So I have to say that my family is totally the best family ever! They are totally awesome and have been so willing to help me out with things since my surgery. My parents totally took care of me for the first week and were very cool about letting me take as much time off work as I needed. They have also been patient with me since I am not yet back to my full hours, but hopefully will be as soon as I can get this boot off my foot. My mom also gave up an entire Saturday to come and help me week my backyard. It hasn't been weeded in like the whole two years that I have lived here because I hate weeding. Anyway we also had to trim the bushes and pull and dig out these weeds that were like two feet tall. She figured it wouldn't take very long but it took like 7 hours. That was with me, my mom, my dad, and these three random college students who took pity on us and came to help. My dad came for a while and then brought back his trailer which we filled almost completely full with all the weeds, branches, and crap that we took out of my backyard which is really small. My brothers Andy and Mark also came over for a little while during this endevour and trimmed the bushes cause I had no clue what I was doing. My little brother Paul and his wife Mandy were awesome about picking me up and taking me places right after my surgery and I was on drugs so driving would have been dangerous. They took me grocery shopping for food and took me to the movies to help entertain me. I'm really glad that they are always around and willing to let me hang out with them. My sister in law Raygon came over one night to help me avert a crisis with my garbage disposal that wouldn't work. I didn't have a key so she brought the one from their house and helped me get my garbage disposal working and then she mowed my lawn cause it had been like almost a month since it had been mowed. And this was at like 8:00 at night when she had been on her way to work cleaning our Partial Care building. She is totally amazing. Here is a picture of her mowing my lawn in the dark, it's kinda hard to see but you get the idea. Look at how long my grass was, it was sad.

Raygon is not the only one to have mowed my lawn since my surgery, Maegan also came over. She was finally able to convince me to accept some help at cleaning my house. I have a hard time letting other people clean my house and so it didn't get cleaned for over a month. Megs was awesome to do it and I totally owe her big time. Here's a picture of Maegan mowing my lawn.


Ethan, Abby, and Whitney came to hang out with me while Maegan cleaned my house. On a side note she wouldn't let me help her clean much, everytime I tried she would have me hold Whitney or play with Ethan and Abby. So here are Ethan and Abby riding scooters on the road by my house, since I live on a dead end street they could play in the road without worrying too much about cars.

After Maegan mowed the lawn we let Ethan and Abby run around in the sprinklers since they were so good.

And since we didn't have swim suits they ran in the sprinklers in their clothes so we had to throw all their clothes in the dryer so I got some of my shorts for the kids to wear until their clothes were dry. I think they were a little too big.

Whitney was such a babe through this whole thing.
So yea my family is awesome and I am totally thankful to them, cause I would not have made it through the past couple of months without them.

No comments: