Monday, February 11, 2008

Temple

So yesterday was the dedication of the Rexburg Temple. I watched Andy and Raygon's boys in the morning while the went to their session. I had a blast, and I think Kaleb did too. Holden probably did, but he hid it well by sleeping most of the time. Kaleb and I played with his little people city most of the time, but we did find time to run around as I pulled him in his little wagon. It was really fun. My session was at 4:30 and I got to be in the Temple which was really fun. I went up at 3:00 with my friends Kimber and Troy and their son Daylen because Troy, who is a city cop, was working security and had to be there early. So we got up there and went to where Troy was stationed which was on the main level just outside the locker rooms. So we were sitting there chillin and then about 4:00 Troy comes over to tell Kimber and I that a lady passed out in the stairwell up by the fourth floor and they needed a medical crew. So Kimber, who is a Paramedic, and I hurried up there to see what the problem was. The lady was okay, apparently this happens to her every once and a while, but we talked to her and worked with her for about 15 minutes. We called the ambulance that was on stand-by to come up so that we could give her some oxygen and it took them some time to get up there as the usher's would not let them in because they did not have tickets. One of the security guys finally had to just tell them to let them in after they showed their recommends. So we got the lady feeling better and went back to our seats. We were sitting there talking about how funny it was that we got a call when Elder Nelson, Elder Bednar, and the Temple Presidency walked past us on their way up to the Celestial room. Our session was really good, Elder Nelson called on several people to come up and give impromptu talks and it went for like an hour and a half which is longer then any of the other ones went. When the session was over we had to wait for Troy who had to wait for all of the people to leave and as we were standing there waiting Elder Nelson, Elder Bednar, and the Temple Presidency came back through. Elder Nelson stopped and talked to us for a minute and shook hands with Kimber's son Daylen. It was a neat experience. That is the closest I have ever been to an Apostle. After everyone finally cleared out we were able to leave, but we ended up being up there for a total of about 3 hours which was very tiring.

1 comment:

Jason said...

That's so awesome Jess! I'm very jealous!