Monday, December 22, 2008

Candy Making

I know what you all are thinking, Jess doesn't cook. This is true, but candy making does not involve cooking so I can do this. My sister in law Mandy is awesome at making candies and taught us all how to do it this year, so my last day in Logan before my Christmas break my sister in law Becca and I decided to make some candies. We made Peanut Butter cups, Carmels, Peppermint Bark, and crispie rice things. We figured it would take us a couple of hours and we were right! It took us like 9 1/2 hours, that's a couple right? We made candy from about 1:00 in the afternoon until 10:30 at night. After spending all that time in the kitchen Becca and I got a little loopy and well the pictures kinda tell it all.


What could be so funny you might ask.



This peanut butter cup did not set right and looked like the victim of a tragic accident and we thought it was absolutely hilarious.
Then Becca had to go and smash one of our peanut butter balls which of course was even more funny. Why you might ask? I don't really know, I wish I did. I think it was a combination of lack of sleep and way too much sugar.

But in the end we did come out with some pretty good results, if I do say so myself.




No comments: