Monday, December 22, 2008

Catch Up Time

Well there really isn't a lot to catch up on, sadly my life now consists of school, work, homework, paperwork, and on occasion sleep. I have been spending the half the week in Logan at school, learning how to be a really good Social Worker, and then I spend the other half of the week here in Rexburg practicing being a good Social Worker. I have been given new responsibilities at work, that I actually really enjoy even though I wasn't sure I would. I also still occasionally find time to run on the ambulance, which I have been missing. It's nice to be on break because that means I can cover more shifts and get my fix before I start classes again. When I am in Utah I stay with my brother Jared and his family. My sister in law Becca and I have had tons of fun on my off day. I try to spend most of Tuesday, when I don't have class, doing homework or paperwork, but more often then not you will find Becca and I out shopping. Many of you know that shopping is not my favorite things, I don't love it, but it is tons of fun with Becca. Our new favorite place is DI. We go every Tuesday and look for good books because her kids love to read and I have been trying to find books that we can use in our daytreatment program to help kids learn and understand the concepts we teach. I love being able to spend so much time with Morgan, Cade, and Kali as I have missed them a ton since they moved to Logan. Right now I get the best of both worlds. I get to spend time every week with ALL of my nieces and nephews which is really awesome. So moving on to how school is going. I finished my first semester of Grad school with a 4.o0 which is amazing, I really think that the teachers just want our grades to look good since we are the first MSW Group. Oh well, I am willing to accept it. :) I am now on my break and have had about 2 weeks off and go back on January 5th. So that is pretty much the update on my last 4 months and to finish here is a funny story from school. I had to get up and do a presentation for my Statistics class and the teacher tells us we have to wear business dress. I know what business dress is, and I don't own it. So I ask her what I should wear and she gets this look on her face like I cannot believe that you don't own any business casual clothes. Don't worry, in time she will come to understand me well enough to understand why I don't own business casual. Anyway back to the story. So I say I have this denim skirt that I wear to church sometimes when I am not working and get to wear pants. Again another one of those weird, who the heck are you looks. So she agrees to let me wear my denim skirt and a "nice" shirt. So the next week I am kinda having a bad week and running late to leave for Utah I through my stuff in the car and leave. When I get to Utah I find that I did not bring any nice shoes to wear with my skirt so all I have are my tennis shoes, but I figured I could swing that. So the class I have to give the presentation for is my last class of the day, and anyone who knows me, knows I am not wearing a skirt ALL day. So I through my "dress" clothes in my backpack and off I go to class. When it is time for stats to start I go into the bathroom to change only to realize that I didn't bring my white T-shirt to wear under my "nice" button up shirt, which I always wear open. So I left on the shirt I was wearing, a grey shirt with NC Tarheels written in blue across the chest. So I put on my denim skirt, T-shirt, green button up shirt, and tennis shoes and go into class. When it is my turn to do my presentation everyone is rolling with laughter about my "business casual" outfit. To make it better, I also was carrying my folded up pants in one hand, because I am not sitting in a dress for the next 2 hours until class gets out. So I give my presentation and of course I cannot resist the sarcastic remarks which keeps the class laughing so hard that I had difficulties at times talking because they were making me laugh. Anyway, when I finish my presentation I walk over to the teacher to get my slip of paper with my grade on it and promptly walk out the door to go change into my pants. I don't think anyone actually thought I would leave class to change because they all immediately began laughing and hooting as soon as I walked out the door. But don't you worry, I looked so good in my business casual that I got full points for my presentation. :)

No comments: