Thursday, January 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Mommy

Today is my mom's birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY THE MOMMY!!!!!

Since it was mom's birthday we all went to Gringo's for dinner with all of my brothers that live here and their families. I absolutely love spending time with my family and it is great to have a good excuse like today. The best part was when the Gringo's staff came out and sang to mom, even though I had made it very clear that she didn't want anyone to sing to her and that if they did she would probably kill someone, specifically me. Anyway my brothers being the funny boys that they are insisted that it was her birthday and that they should sing, so they did. Mom's face was priceless.

Since today is my mom's birthday I felt that it would be a good time to express some of my feelings about her. Okay Mom, get out your tissues cause I am about to write some really nice things about you. :) My mom is absolutely one of my favorite people in the world. It doesn't matter what is going on in my life, good or bad, my mother is the first person I want to talk to about it. I never had a sister growing up so my mom really was my best friend and she continues to be to this day. We had some really great arguments when I was a teenager, but I remember listening to my friends complain about their mothers and how much they hated them for not allowing them to do things they wanted to do and I remember just thinking how great it was that I never felt that way about my mom. My mom continues to amaze me everyday with her strength, knowledge, and just plain amazing insight. She can always make me see things the way I should, especially when I am angry or upset about something. I just hope that one day when I have kids I can be half the amazing mother that she has always been.

No comments: