Thursday, January 31, 2008

My new Niece!

So Wednesday morning I woke up really early (5 a.m.) so that I could be at Mark and Maegan's to watch Ethan and Abby while Megs went to have my new niece. I had the greatest time! Since it was only 6 when I got there and the kids were still sleeping I went upstairs and crashed in Mark and Megs room until they woke up. I laid there for like 45 minutes before I finally fell back asleep and then 10 minutes later Ethan came in. It was so fun cause he just crawled into bed by me and cuddled with me for about 10 minutes. I loved it! He told me all about what he had dreamed about that night and about all the things that he wanted to do that day. We finally got up and went downstairs to play his new favorite game Disney Bingo and had played a game when Abby woke up. We then went upstairs to have breakfast, a bagel followed by the doughnut their mother promised they could have. Then we loaded up and took a trip to my house to pick out some movies to watch during the day. Then we stopped at my office to say hi to Grandma. Grandma was in talking to Dan so we went into his office to find her. Abby kept wiping her hair out of her face, since she wouldn't let me do it before we left adamently declaring that "Mommy does it!", so Grandma asks Dan for a rubber band so she can pull Abby's hair back, which Abby refused. But Ethan grabs a rubber band and immediately starts trying to shoot it at Dan without much success until Grandma and Dan work with him on his technique. The best part was that Ethan did master the technique and shot Dan in the well..........yea. Anyway after we finished at the office we went back home and played around a little and then Ethan wanted to watch one of the movies he picked out, Mulan. So we watched Mulan and then decided that we were ready for lunch. I had promised the kids that we could go to McDonalds, Ethan loves going there, and so we headed off. When we pulled up I was about to park and take the kids in so that they could play on the toys, but then remembered Megs asking that I not take them anywhere that they could get sick, so I told them that there were too many people at McDonalds so we were just gonna get our food and go home. They were slightly disappointed, but they were really good about it. We then went home and ate then played a couple more rounds of Disney Bingo and then put in another movie to watch. During the second movie Abby passed out on the couch for about 30 minutes. The movie was almost over when my cell phone rang and Mark called to tell Ethan and Abby that they had a new little sister. Abby still tired from her nap really didn't seem to grasp the concept, but Ethan was a little bummed. He talked to his dad for a while and then after we hung up Ethan looked up at me and asked me why Heavenly Father didn't send him a brother. It was so sweet. I just told him that Heavenly Father must think that he is such a good big brother to Abby that he would do well with another sister. He accepted that answer but did not seem to excited about it. We started another movie and just hung out downstairs for about another hour and then Grandma showed up to watch the kids for about an hour while I went to work with one of my kids. Then I came back and Grandma, Grandpa, and I loaded up the kids and went down to IF to see the baby.

Ethan was sooooo Excited on the way down to see his new sister.
Abby and I got a little bored in the back seat so to entertain ourselves we pulled out my camera and had some fun.






When we got down to Idaho Falls we stopped at Bajio's to get dinner, cause Maegan was seriously wanting it. Then we took our food the hospital and proceeded to eat Bajio's in her room. It was awesome. After Ethan got to hold his new sister he was absolutely in love with her. He wanted to hold her all the time after that. Abby wasn't really all that sure about this new baby, especially since it meant that her Mommy wouldn't be coming home with them, but she eventually warmed up to her.
This is my new niece Whitney Hymas. Unless of course Mark and Maegan have changed her name since I talked to them.
And this is me with my new really cute niece that looks an awful lot like her older sister did when she was a baby.

3 comments:

RPH said...

thanks for the update jess. i was wondering what they were going to name her. sounds like you had a fun day with ethan and abby.

meg said...

Jess you are amazing! Thank you for all that you did for us. The kids sure love you so much- I think taking them to McDonalds helps that! It was fun to read what you did while we were at the hospital-you're awesome!

lisa h. said...

hey Jess! i saw your blog on heather's blog....do you have an invite to mine? let me know i'll email you one if you need...you can check out our new member of the family! (lisa hymas)