Sunday, January 20, 2008

Busy Saturday

So Saturday was pretty interesting, I worked a 12 hour second out shift at the fire station and was a little worried about having to get up early since my shift starts at 6 a.m. Well fortunately we didn't get any call until about 10:30 but from then on I spent most of the day at the station because we kept getting calls. I even got two calls on the second out ambulance. Our first call was a rendevous with Island Park ambulance for a head injury so we were all excited and jumped into the ambulance and went flying up towards Island Park. About 5 miles outside of Ashton we got cancelled. There is nothing that makes you look cooler than speeding up the road lights and sirens making people get out of your way only to suddenly turn everything off and slow down cause you got cancelled, yea people look at you a little funny. Our second call, or I guess I should say MY second call since I was the only one in the ambulance, was to a fire alarm at Nauvoo House. We were all excited thinking maybe it would be a sweet car accident or a real fire, but sadly it was just a false alarm. But the funny thing was, that since it was a fire alarm I took my sweet time getting out to the ambulance and so the fire truck left and was about two blocks ahead of me enroute, so I take my time driving thinking that as soon as the truck gets on scene they will cancel me and I can go back to the station right? Wrong. I pull up at Nauvoo House just after the officer, who apparently didn't really know where he was going, only to find out that the fire truck was not there yet. Weird right? Anyway so I pull the ambulance out of the way, flip the lights on, and get out to wait cause I don't have turn outs on so technically I am not allowed to go into the building until the fire personel clear it. So I get out and just stand there looking all cool next to the ambulance for about 2 to 3 minutes before the fire truck finally shows up across the way at the wrong Nauvoo House building. So then I have to wait another minute or two for them to finally make their way over to where they are supposed to be and they park right next to the officer's car blocking the only entrance/exit to the parking lot. At this point I realize that I am stuck and I am going to be here for the entire call, so I just get out and start B.S.ing (is that a word? Did I spell it right if it is? Oh well) with the managers about what we are doing. Then we finally clear and go back to the station where I have to now write a report that consists of "We went to Nauvoo House for a fire alarm. No fire found." Yea that's it. I wish my notes for Upper Valley were that easy. "Worked with client on social skills. Client still has poor social skills." That would be sweet. Once I finally got done with calls, at about 5:50, I rushed home to shower and get ready for my friend Kali's bridal shower at 6:30 and yes I was ready in time. :) I was kinda interesting cause when we got there no one answered the door so Mom and I just walked in, but there were a lot of guys there and stuff so safe to say we were confused. So Mom and I, not wanting to look stupid, stepped back outside to discuss whether we got the date for the shower right or not since Mom recieved the invite not me. Then I proceeded to call Kali on her cell to see if the shower was indeed that night and it was and we were at the right place. Apparently the guys, her brother's, fiancee, father, and grandfather were just hanging out so that they could eat dinner which was being served to all of us, then they were going to go elsewhere. So the shower was fun, but very long. Mom and I had both eaten, the invites did not say that we were going to eat, so we just kinda stood there looking cool since we only knew Kali. Then an old friend of mine Karen came and talked to me for a while which was nice. After about 45 minutes to an hour of eating we finally started the shower. We played some typical bridal shower games and then we opened presents. It was sweet cause mom and I went to Victoria Secret and mom got some of the lotion and body spray she likes and then we went to Deseret Book and got her a book on living a covenent marriage. We then put the book in the Victoria Secret bag and took it to the shower. So as you can all imagine I walked in carrying this bag with a huge grin on my face and immediately Kali began to worry. The look of relief on her face when she opened it and found out that it was not at all what she expected was awesome. Anyway after presents were opened we hung out for a bit and then we left. That was my exciting Saturday. This is a really long post, but it will likely not happen much so do not get used to it.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ahhhh....exciting bridal showers. Got to love those games.....

Jared Woolstenhulme said...

:)...trying to think of something clever to say...not working...glad you have a blog :)